Friday, March 13, 2009

Shadows of Past

Set in the sands of time
I find the shadows of past
The shadows which follow me
And help me when I am lost

The shadows encourage me
To move ahead in life
They tell me not to stop
They tell me to always strive

I feel that they guide me
I feel their total support
I feel that they want me to achieve
My life’s most important goal

Had it not been for these shadows
I would have been lost
In the jungle of urbanity
I also would have a cost

But I thank the shadows for saving me
And opening my eyes to a world
Where there is the beauty of wisdom
And every word is a pearl

I am here because I listened
I listened and learned from past
I did not bury the shadows
That lingered on from my past!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mitu Mam,,,
    Shadows of Past is really an beautiful poem.
    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete