Thursday, February 12, 2009

You And I

The footprints of your love
Are still etched in my heart
Try as I may, that out you go
You are always there with me in my thought
Every breath I take every drop I drink
Reminds me that we share something

I may be asleep, I might be awake
No matter what I do, no matter where I stay
You follow me every time and to everyplace
You are in the sunset and you are there at dawn
You are in the in my every smile and every frown

Though years have gone since you and I met
It seems like yesterday when the scene was set
The scene of our separation, the scene of my hurt
The scene that killed the love in our hearts
The scene that forced you and me apart

You moved on in life and left me alone
But I still an not sure whether you have really gone
How can I be sure when I see you everywhere
You are not in front of me, but still you are near
And though you gave me an unhealing scar
One thing I know that you can never go far!

2 comments:

  1. Universal feelings beautifully put in words. what really hits hard is the candid openness. will look forward to many more such works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

    ReplyDelete